Vocational and Adult Services provides vocational counseling to enrollees who have received a Vocational Assessment or have a Person-Centered Plan.
Our trained counselors provide evidence-based counseling in line with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) practices.
Our vocational counseling services are guided by individual enrollee needs and goals and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of specific, measurable goals to guide training and support based on recommendations from either a Person-Driven Plan or Vocational Assessment, or both
- Progress monitoring of goals and data-based decision making to determine the effectiveness of interventions and support strategies
- Development of a vocational portfolio (e.g., resume, model application, professional letters, evaluations, awards)
- Customized employment or volunteer opportunities to best match the interests, strengths, and skills of the enrollee
- Resource navigation for community services (e.g., Department of Rehabilitation, Social Security Administration)